NIEM – The Institute of Event Management is Asia’s best event management institute and training college offering courses like DEM and PGDEM in Mumbai, Pune and Ahmedabad, India. The course was started in the year 2000
with an aim to:
- Produce a trained and qualified workforce for the event and entertainment industry.
- Create a new professional class of Event Managers, Event Coordinators and Consultants.
- To bring India on a higher footing in the Events Industry.
- To constructively utilize the talents of our youngsters in one of the fastest-growing industries. (It grows at an average rate of 25% a year)
This gave birth to the NIEM, an autonomous institute to teach Event Management, which readily got overwhelming support from the Media (Print & Satellite), Event Industry, Entertainment Industry, and the students themselves.
The institute has had a profound impact on the profession of Event Management in India. The excellent course syllabus and teaching methodology have created mega awareness for events and event management in India.
NIEM has been invited to speak on events research by leading colleges and MBA institutes in India, CII, All India Radio, and many other prestigious places.
The main credentials of NIEM are that the Institute has a credible brand name in Event and educational circles all over the world, based on honest research and involvement with the Event Industry. It has solid foundations. The world-class faculty is unmatched; the elite guest speakers have no comparison. The institute sends its students for training to over 1000 events each year, NIEM also does in-house events, sports meet, a roaring party, the Event Manager of the Year Award, College Idol and beauty pageant Mr. & Ms University which will teach NIEM students to organize a mega-class event. With all this rich experience NIEM students get easily placed and many form their own successful event management companies.
NIEM students are the only ones who are taught the technology to form event companies. NIEM has an air-conditioned classroom, use of modern teaching aids, a huge specialized Event Library (the largest Event Library in India), plus a lot of simulated Events.
NIEM has an association with reputed organizations like CII, EEMA, FICCI and Ad Club etc.
- Asia’s First Event Management Institute, a fact recorded in Limca Books of Records
- Dr Hoshi Bhiwandiwalla, Dean/Director, received Rashtriya Ekta Award by the government of India for inventing Asia’s first event syllabus
- Best Event Management Program Award at EEMAX Global Awards by EEMA. EEMA is an association of the Event Industry – so this award is a recognition of NIEM’s teaching standards by the event industry
- Asia’s Best Event Management Institute at Golden Globe Tiger International Award
- Best Event Management Institute at Times Education Icon in Mumbai, Pune and Ahmedabad
- Best Event Management Institute at Education Excellence Award
- Accredited by the International Accreditation Organisation (IAO), United States of America
- Member United States Education Board Standardization.
- Twice Nominated as India’s Best 5 Educational Institutes by Avaya & Economic Times for consumer satisfaction, this award is given after due research with the students measuring their satisfaction with their college or institute
- Mid-Day award for Excellence in Education.
- Brands Academy Award for Best event institute
- Quality Mark awards for being the best event institute
- One of India’s Top B-Schools by Dalal Street Journal
- Pune Center is in collaboration with Ferguson College
- The Highest Percentage of Placement every year
- Has produced the Highest number of event students in India
- NIEM’s website is the most visited event study website in the world
- Mid-Day award for Excellence in Education (second year)
- Asia Education Sumit award for Asia’s leading event management institute